Clean well behaved dogs are welcome at New Hall
We have a dog of our own – Bella, a Hungarian Viszla – so we understand that many people like to bring their best friend on holiday with them, especially when there are so many amazing walks the minute you step outside the front door. We have to make an extra charge to cover our cleaning costs but well behaved, clean dogs are welcome by prior arrangement.
In the interests of clarity, please contact us for more information on 01591 610265 or june@newhallguesthouse and we will email you the following letter.
Dear Dog Owner
We are very pleased to welcome you and your dog(s) to New Hall. We are dog owners ourselves and understand that being able to travel with your best friend is a priority for many of us.
The majority of dog owning visitors to New Hall have been totally trouble free however we have experienced a couple of situations which have created a lot of hard work for us so we have created a few dog related requests. We hope you don’t mind us asking the following:
- Please do not leave your dog in the room unattended unless he/she is totally trustworthy re toileting/barking whining/chewing.
- Please do not ask if your dog can join you in the dining room or guest lounge. We do not want to offend you by saying no.
- Please bring your dog’s bed/crate with you. Experience tells us that dogs are far happier in their own bed.
- Please do not allow your dog to sleep on our chairs or beds – even if they are protected with blankets.
- Please feed/water your dog in the bathroom which has a hard floor.
- Please ensure your dog is clean and dry before entering the room – we are happy for you to leave a towel inside the front door for drying purposes. We always have old towels available should you require them. If your dog is particularly muddy/wet please ask to enter the house via the utility room – you can dry him/her there.
- Normally we use white bed linen but will use a more practical blue if you bring a dog.
- We charge a further £5.00 per night for dogs – this goes towards the extra costs of carpet cleaning etc.
Thank you for your understanding
June and Eugene